Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Anger Lies Within - The Reason Why I Hate Interacting with People on the Web

by Aaron Mystery

Tried MySpace. Hated the spam and almost killed my roommate and friend over it. Tried SecondLife. Hated how hard it was to figure out and how much time it took to do anything. Tried YouTube. Got 7 million views but now almost everything I put on seems to get pulled off.

YouTube possibly aside, I never really wanted to join any of these things. I was invited or pushed by friends to join these and any number of time-wasting web sites over the last few years, and surely you have, too. Some work out, some don't, but the time is lost regardless.

Speaking of lost time, how 'bout this pointless blog and the pointless Twittering, my latest non-animated, non-musical forms of expression? My blog's all over the place, and probably makes my thoughts less coherent than when they were floating around in my head, and logging everything I do on Twitter actually could have its benefits, if I wasn't distracted by Twitter itself.

All I really want to do is make animations, and have them either watched by the masses or sign up a couple new Suckermouth members from them. Yet, even on DailyMotion, my viral video destination after YouTube pissed me off, I find myself pissed when I put on Teasers that get low ratings ("low" being three stars or less). I held my videos ransom when the Heavy Traffic Teaser got low ratings, and drove that vid to almost 4 stars with 58 ratings. When the latest Teaser (BEach Ball) from yesterday got rated low, there was no chance at redemption: It came down last night along with the Heavy Traffic Teaser.

See what I mean? Aaron mad. But what do I care? My paid members are all I need - I'm sorry, but I'm not going to give away a bunch of stuff, because you'll never sign up if I do. On top of that, some of my stuff is too raunchy even for DailyMotion.

So I'm mad at DailyMotion viewers, the three people (all women) on Twitter that started to follow me and stopped almost as quickly, and BlogSpot for giving me the space to waste your time and mine on another stupid internet exercise.

Well, I got to go and check out MSNBC's web site, so I can read a bunch of poorly-written third generation articles and post in NewsVine as if I know what I'm talking about.

But it's all good: There's a render in the oven at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment