Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Big Brethren finally debuts tonight - with a Twittersode!

by Aaron Mystery

Chances are, most of you don't know the history of Big Brethren, so I'll bring you up to speed in as few words as possible: Back in 2006, I wanted to do a series of parody reality show auditions. It was really early in my animation days, and I never planned on actually following up. As I've evolved as an animator, both in skill and (z-list) notoriety, I've also liked going back and expanding on old ideas, so I did a second set of auditions, this time with characters my fans already knew and had watched by the millions (i.e., Ace the Zombie, Sami & Jada, Mr. Romance-Oh). Each contestant had his/her own YouTube video, and everyone was invited to vote their favorite contestants by rating them five stars.

And hardly anybody participated. I'll let you in on a little secret: Nobody gives a crap what I do if it doesn't involve breast expansion. And I accept the fact that nobody gives a crap (there are exceptions, like two of Mr. Romance-Oh's vids that have over 100,000 views on YouTube). What I don't accept is that I can't do anything a little bit different.

So here's where we are: After getting three vids Suckermouth members will love done in a week, I figured I had the chance to do a little bit of Big Brethren, at long last.

So the gimmick is that it's a parody of Big Brother, but this season all the contestant are naked. Three guys and eleven women will compete to stave off double-eliminations every "week" (in Big Brethren time), all while in the buff.

The first skit is going to air tonight (I hope - I promised it last night, after all), and will feature Wheeler and Mr. Romance-Oh, their manliness safely and cleverly obscured for your safety. It will appear on YouTube, DailyMotion, and of course Suckermouth. The fun thing I'm introducing with this sketch is the animation is Twitter-centric, and Mr. Romance-Oh's tweets will appear in virtual real time, and Tweeple (?) will have a chance to tweet Mr. Romance-Oh all night long.

Everything takes longer in animation than it should, but I'm hoping to get this Twittersode the hell off my plate. Tomorrow's my birthday, and I really don't need a cartoon of two naked guys Twittering as my present to myself.

I'd much rather give myself a zombie movie, but I'll settle for a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment