Saturday, January 8, 2011

Reflections on 2010, & what to expect from Suckermouth in 2011

by Aaron Mystery

If 2010 was the Year of the Story, I want 2011 to be the Year of The Quickie, a year of quantity, a rebirth of sorts.

Although some events are unforeseen (computer crash of 2009 or the depression of 2010), I have never been more passionate about this silly little web site. I am dedicated to achieving results that reawaken the sense of wonder and joy my cartoons once brought so many of us. I trust that together we will see something great arise from this year.

To start with, I've already served you a trio of new Quickies, in the form of Tales from an Alternate B.E. Universe. And although this 4th episode of Ink Boob Season 2 that I'm working on is wrecking my schedule just as I feared, I intend to get back on track with some very brief but capable Quickies early next week. Four or five Quickies to every story-based story is the ratio I'm going for this year.

To get back on point, this new Ink Boob episode is another transition story, with no B.E. to speak of (technically, Emily is slightly bustier than the last episode, as some time has transpired). My apologies if it does not deliver in the usual sense. It was my intention to rush through it in order to get on to the next Quickie, but I had to redo an entire day's work, for various reasons.

On the topic of Ink Boob, I promise that I am building a very compelling & rewarding story, though I realize the need to pick up the pace to get us there quicker. My second biggest regret about 2010 is that I did not just fill that empty time with more Ink Boob episodes, so as to move this great story forward at a reliable pace. Instead, it kind of languished in its own uncertainty of schedule.

Speaking of, my biggest regret in 2010 was not completing the B.E. Tourney Championship as planned. (For the record, I wouldn't have done "Mom Butt" or "Sisterhood" if I knew they were going to get in the way of the Tournament.) I had it all timed perfectly, but it did not work out as planned. Funny things, those plans: They let Reality get in the way.

Well, in 2011, I won't let Reality stop me. Saddle up. It's going to be one helluva ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment