Friday, January 7, 2011

The Era of Complacency is over! Suckermouth reborn.

by Aaron Mystery

Friends: It has been a long time since I've blogged. Like many things, it is an activity, that - although once habit - has fallen by the wayside as I whined and opined the time away.

Suckermouth - as a website - has its ups and downs. Some months are busier than others, some cartoons stand out as particularly good or particularly bad, and I either nail it or I don't. But while I stand by the quality of the vids created during the second half of 2010, I regret the lack of quantity. Oh, how I used to pride myself on creating a cartoon (or two) a week!

I used to try to do something new every day, but while arguably impossible, also leads to cheap and seemingly lazy cartoons (which is the price for fast-food-animation). Over time, it became two cartoons a week, and as that slipped, I realized one cartoon a week was the perfect balance between quality and quantity.

But shit happens, and soon I didn't have time for even that, and so I changed the language on the Suckermouth Members Index to read, "New cartoons every month!" I thought that meant more than one cartoon each month, but apparently not, because that's all I got done for about the last six months. Complacency run rampant.

Several events and inspirational moments led me back here: To the point of attempting a cartoon-a-day. Complete madness. Especially since - as I type this - I'm worried about the current Ink Boob episode taking as long as three days to complete. But I'll keep trying: A cartoon a day, or as close as I can get.

I've already created three new B.E. Quickies in roughly as many days, all as part of my new sub-series, Tales from an Alternate B.E. Universe. Maybe I'll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment